Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Love for buttons~*`


So recently I discovered that buttons are just amazing!!!!!!!!
Totally in love with buttons and now I have this need of collecting all sorts of buttons and creating something out of them.

I found some amazing artwork online created using buttons and sometimes a mixture of other medias.

By: R. L. Lewis  Title: unknown

Yes of course I am talking about sewing buttons and not the icons or pin buttons...those are interesting too but these sewing buttons are just something else.

By: Karen Hurley on Behance.net
I am for sure now going to create something with the buttons I have collected. I need more colors and shapes but I want to create a picture like this where the buttons are glued in a pattern on a flat surface...maybe with a combination of felt or other media like pencils and markers and paint. 
Perhaps some sort of mixture like this:
button-art.jpg
By: Jodie at Meringue Diary

Or something even more extreme like this:
By: unknown, more info

Of course as a beginner in the area of button art, I wouldn't be able to create something to advanced but I sure can hope to get to this level in the future. Not that I even want to attempt this...way too complicated but interesting still.

Anyways, there is plenty of other cool button art out there on the internet. All different kinds of art like sculptures and pictures and more. 
I just want to end this post with a picture of something I created recently. It's not fully button art but I did try to incorporate buttons into the design. 
 


It's not completely finished as I am going to add some more decoration on the back and finish that flap too. 

It's a phone case made to look like a camera. After doing this I learned that I could have put a small pocket on the back where my name is and added more decorative beadwork to it. And of course the method could have been made simpler, so I am going to create another one this coming summer that hopefully turns out better than this. 

Thanks for reading and don't forget to share your own ideas and artwork about buttons!!!!

Just kidding, it doesn't have to be just buttons, it can be art on anything ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment